Sunday, November 23, 2008

What am I going to do for the next six months!?!

So, I've always heard that when you have to take your baby with you to church, the hardest age is between a year and 18 months, when they can go into nursery. I always thought, oh, Sadie does pretty well, I can usually sit through my meetings with her. Well, I think that just ended! Its so crazy! I didn't get to sit in any of my meetings today! Sadie was going wild! I managed to wrestle with her through the first 15 minutes of sacrament meeting (and it seriously did feel like I was wrestling with her to keep her on my lap so she wouldn't run off), then, during Sunday school I took her with me to prepare for Relief Society, and she managed to rip a page out of a hymn book, lock me out of the storage closet, and escape out into the hallway countless times! Then, in Relief Society I managed to keep her quiet and still with crackers for the first five minutes, but after that we had to wander the halls for the rest of the meeting! So now I can completely understand when other parents say they can't wait for their kids to go to nursery! But - since we were just wandering the halls the whole time - Sadie greatly improved her walking skills! She's getting really good - she won't let me hold her hand anymore, she wants to do it herself! She's not feeling well today though, so maybe that's why it was so bad - but I just couldn't believe it! It'll be nice when I get to actually get something out of my meetings again! She's a good girl though, most of the time, and we love her in spite of the frustrations she gives us once in a while! Anyway, here's a really sweet picture of Sadie and Tanner. He was sleeping on the couch and when she got up from her nap, she went right over to him and laid her head down on him! It was so sweet - she loves her daddy!

1 comment:

Zack + Julie said...

Feel my pain! Kale's been a handful at church for months now!! And since he just started walking I know I'm going to be in a world of trouble! At least we can commiserate together...